My goal with this blog is to explore my individual ecological footprint and to generate ideas about curret world-wide problems caused by consumerism.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

I bought this spray-in conditioner to cut down my time in the shower. Basically, I spray it in my hair after I get out of the shower and leave it in :)

Next investment should probably be dry shampoo or something like that so that I don't have to wash my hair everyday.

I was talking to my grandma, who suggested not using shampoo at all. There are various home remedies that she used when she was young to keep her hair clean. For example, she said she washed her hair with egg yolks when she was "a lady". I actually have tried it before and it did keep my hair clean. Last winter, I also gave up shampoo for about two months. Instead of washing my hair, I created this hair mask.... it will sound weird, but I used a combination of honey, dry mustard, onion juice, and a few other ingredients. My grandma was the one who told me about it. The mask was left in for an hour and then washed off with water. My hair smelled kind of weird - but only when it was wet. However, after a few weeks, I say a drastic change in my hair. It was shiny, looked healthy, and wasn't falling out. I also didn't have split ends. I never told any of my friends, fearing they would think that I'm weird. I didn't do this to "save the planet", I did it to improve the state of my hair....

No comments:

Post a Comment